That’s right! Little ole Jess, someone who barely thought she could put pen to paper, is officially a contributor for DishKebab.com’s dining news blog! I didn’t want to mention anything until it was official, but when I opened my mailbox today and saw this…
I couldn’t keep my mouth shut any longer! Even though my blog entry hasn’t gone live yet, nothing says official like some dolla dolla bills ya’ll 😉 Also, I received a handwritten thank you letter and a copy of the agreement I signed!
You can also go read my contributor bio by clicking HERE! It doesn’t get much more official than that, folks.
As you may remember, my last blog entry was about Port wine. The blog about Port was actually my first blog entry for DishKebab. One of the nice things about blogging for DishKebab is that you can use any article you’ve written for them on your own personal blog as well.
So, you may be wondering…
What the heck is DishKebab?
Well, to put it simply it’s a blog that supports iDine, a dining program that rewards you for dining out. All of the contributors are members of the dining program that review restaurants on the program in their area and dish on topics other foodies would enjoy.
The program is a neat idea—kind of like frequent flier miles but for eating and everyone’s got to eat! This is great way to earn rewards while dining out on vacation and at home.
How does it work?
- First you chose a membership level. Even at the most basic level you can sign up for free and earn 5% back on each purchase.
- Register your credit cards/debit cards. The more the better! iDine uses your credit card/debit transactions to determine if you ate out at one of their qualifying restaurants.
- OR take a look at their website and search for a restaurant on the program by looking up the city, state, or zip you are in. Check out ratings and read reviews by other diners.
- Rate your recent dining experience in order to earn rewards!
- Sit back and watch as you earn money back on every purchase.
I experienced this firsthand last Friday when my friends and I ate out at Harney Sushi in Old Town, San Diego for my friend Christina’s birthday. I had no idea it was part of the iDine program but surely enough, I received an email a few days later from iDine informing me that I had 60 days to rate my dining experience at Harney in order to earn my 5% back reward. The survey took about 2 minutes. Not a bad trade in my book.
On a last note, I will leave you with a new discovery I made yesterday about California. Did you know it was once a Republic? I had no idea!
According to Wikipedia, “The California Republic, also called the Bear Flag Republic, was a government proclaimed by settlers on June 14, 1846, in Sonoma in the then-Mexican province of California. Declared during the Mexican–American War, the republic lasted a mere 26 days.”
Either way, I love my new t-shirt! I am sporting my California pride!